- This event has passed.
Flotation ’19 – MEI
The 9th International Flotation Conference (Flotation '19) is organised by MEI in consultation with Prof. Jim Finch and is sponsored by Magotteaux, Maelgwyn Mineral Services, FLSmidth, Axis House, Promet101, Metso, Glencore Technology, Eriez, Outotec, BASF, Clariant, Kemtec, ZEISS, Senmin, Hudbay Minerals, Nouryon, Solvay & Festo. Media sponsors are International Mining & Imformed.
Flotation '19 features 2 discrete symposia:
November 11-12: Flotation Fundamentals: Physics and Chemistry
Although now over a hundred years old, the fundamental aspects of flotation are still being intensively researched, and new machines developed. This two day symposium will focus on:
- Fundamental reagent and flotation chemistry
- Bubbles, froths, bubble-particle interactions
- Flotation cell hydrodynamics, kinetics and scale-up
November 13-14: Flotation Applications and Plant Practice
This two day symposium focuses on the application of flotation, and will include sessions on:
- Plant Operations, particularly related to new technology, and process mineralogy problems
- Flotation Circuits, and their modelling, simulation, control and optimisation
- Flotation machine developments
- Metallic, non-metallic and coal flotation
- Environmental considerations
The conference is organised by MEI in consultation with Prof. Jim Finch.