- This event has passed.
Minerals to Mars
Join AeroSpace Cornwall, Deep Digital Cornwall, Satellite Applications Catapult, and South West Centre for Excellence in Satellite Applications, on Tuesday 7th September (9am-4pm), at Heartlands Cornwall, for a collaborative event, focussed on increasing awareness of access to funding within the expanding aerospace, georesources and space-tech sectors in Cornwall.
The UK Government and the space industry have ambitions to capture 10% of the global space market by 2030, which is estimated to be worth £400 billion*. Cornwall is currently at the forefront of the aerospace, georesources, and space industries within the UK. From AI applications, automated mining, EO data, digitisation, environmental intelligence, remote sensing, UAV services, visualisation and modelling, and manufacturing of mini rovers, Cornwall and it’s thriving business community is forging forward with cutting edge research and development. This event aims to inform businesses within the county how they can access the different complimentary funding streams currently on offer, highlight the potential for collaboration across all sector’s, and give guidance on how to pivot and enter these critical supply chains.
Guests will have the opportunity to;
- Network with industry professionals & academics across the aerospace, georesources and space sectors
- Listen to talks from the lead programmes and find out what’s on offer in regard to business support, knowledge exchange, and access to funding
- Engage in a supportive panel discussion, featuring industry experts and grant recipients, with experience and knowledge developing research via funding
- Pre-book ‘Meet-the-Team’, time allocated slots to discuss the personal needs of your business and projects
- Gain collaborative insight into how your business may grow and develop with access to multiple opportunities across the programmes; ultimately creating new jobs, and bringing new products and services to the market
- Hear talks and from our key-note-speakers
- Technology demonstrations from our special guests!
Breakfast will be offered upon arrival, followed by talks, lunch, networking and we will see the day off and out with a ‘Sky High Tea’!
Attendance is free and tickets are limited, so please secure your place and register via the Eventbrite link, you will be offered the opportunity to disclose any dietary requirements and pre-book ‘Meet the Team’ sessions. Please save the date in your calendars and look out for further information circulating via Eventbrite. We can’t wait to welcome you on the day!
Visitor Information: There is a pay and display car park available on S.Crofty Road, with all day parking costing £3. Alternatively, street parking can be found on S. Crofty Road, or Quilkin Avenue. The event will be held in the ‘Film Room’, entrance via the historical museum. There will be a marquee available for food and networking, please follow the signs upon arrival and join us for breakfast when you arrive.
Covid Safety: This will be an in-person event and we please ask that masks be worn during attendance. One-to-one sessions will also be offered remotely upon request.
*Space Growth Partnership
Please be aware that attendance at this event may count towards your declarable state aid.