Wheal Jane Consultancy are looking for a Geoenvironmental engineer with 2-5 years’ experience to join their growing team in Cornwall. The role is ideally suited to someone who is enthusiastic and willing to contribute to all aspects of the Consultancy.
As a Geoenvironmental Engineer you will be responsible for participating in site investigations from an environmental, geotechnical and mining perspective, seeing the project through from commencement to completion. All project work to be carried out adhering to company procedures and completed within budget and timescale.
- Writing Phase I, II, III and IV reports
- Supervising factual and interpretive site investigations from an environmental, geotechnical and/or mining perspective, including scheduling of laboratory testing
- Typical site investigations will include;
- Trial pitting / soakaway testing
- Windowless Sampling
- Rotary Drilling
- Open hole drilling
- CBR testing
- Log soil and rock in accordance with BS5930; 2015 and BS EN ISO14688; 2002
- Writing mine search reports
- Writing method statements and risk assessments
- Complete ad hoc duties when required
- Degree level qualification in Geology or related subject
- 2 to 5 years experience in geoenvironmental investigation, ideally with experience in the south west. Graduates will be considered.
- MSc desirable but not essential.
- Working towards chartered status
- Driving license essential
- Ability to research and compile documentary mining searches or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of contaminated land legislation and reporting requirements.
- A good understanding of the geology of Cornwall and the South West
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Basic knowledge of planning legislation.
- Log soil and rock in accordance with BS5930; 2015 and BS EN ISO14688; 2002 including the laboratory scheduling
- Workplace pension
- Training and Development
- Operational and group bonuses
- Inclusion into the company share scheme
- Competitive Salary based on experience
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to us at Old Mine Offices, Wheal Jane Earth Science Park, Baldhu, Truro, TR3 6EH.