Service sectors we operate in:
Cornish Chamber of Mines & Minerals
Old Mine Offices
Tel: +44 (0)1872 560200
The Cornish Chamber of Mines & Minerals (CCMM) was established in 1917 by mine operators in order to advance, promote and protect strategic mineral interests during difficult economic conditions and in the face of new regulatory challenges. The CCMM continues to maintain these principles and to support existing and potential mineral interests in the region by working closely with mineral developers and regulatory bodies.
The CCMM is a non-profit organisation, comprised of members from across the mining and mineral sectors in South West England and through its members and associates CCMM has access to a significant network of relevant and experienced inter-disciplinary specialists. The CCMM Board is a consultee on mineral planning guidance and legislation.
Key services provided by the Cornish Chamber of Mines & Minerals are to:
- Assist and enhance co-operation between mineral developers and experts
- Promote responsible exploration and sustainable development of mineral deposits
- Provide input on planning, environmental and mining regulations
- Help in identification of mineral ownership and historical records
- Enhance the approach to mine sites and mineral interests within the land planning and development processes
- Aid governance and awareness of our mining heritage, landscapes and geological assets
- Provide a sign-posting service to link local experts and channel resources to projects in the southwest and further afield.
The main objective of the CCMM is to achieve the above by promoting the wealth of existing professional mining expertise within the South West region and the organisation has been instrumental in the development of the Cornwall Mining Alliance.