Service sectors we operate in:
C Edwards Offices
Gweal Pawl, Redruth
Cornwall, TR15 3AE
Registration Number: 4777735
Petrolab provides technical support services to the mining, minerals processing and materials industries worldwide. Petrolab has been operating for over 20 years analysing the content of rocks, minerals, ores, aggregates and concrete from all over the world. Petrolab was incorporated as a limited company in 2003. The company offices and microscopy facilities were relocated to larger premises in January 2009. Petrolab now occupies a part of what was originally the Redruth Miners’ Hospital building, opened in 1864, in the heart of the world famous Cornish mining district.
They have close links with the high concentration of local companies offering world class expertise in the mining and minerals processing industries. Services include:
- Identification and quantification of valuable and gangue minerals in ores
- Ore characterisation
- Predicting the behaviour of minerals during ore processing
- Mineralogical description and quantitative analysis of mill products
- Examination of concrete, mortar and render to identify degradation factors.
- Examination of rock, aggregate, building stone and slate.
- Mundic Screening Tests for building structures suspected of containing ‘mundic’ concrete.
- fossil / coral
- concrete and other similar materials
Petrolab are specialists in the mineralogical investigation of rocks, mineral resources and manufactured inorganic materials by microscopic analysis. High quality interpretative reports help clients evaluate the potential of their mineral resources and solve materials related problems.