Service sectors we operate in:
Registration Number: 131805594
Tel: 01872 265100
Sally Norcross Webb
Tel: 01872 265100
Our firm was set up 80 years ago among the many mines and quarries of the South West.
Our first clients exported china clay to the world. This heritage means we have amassed a vast amount of practical as well as legal knowledge. All of which is vested in our core team of dedicated minerals and mining specialists. Today, we act for international leaders in mineral exploration, extraction, holding and processing; clients who trust our unparalleled knowledge of legal aspects throughout the life of the mine, from initial access to final site remediation.
This unrivalled depth of technical knowledge, and the success it has brought to our clients, has not gone unnoticed. In 2014 our team won several high profile awards – including ‘Deal of the Year’. Of course, our team was delighted with this recognition – but we’d much rather talk about your needs in any of these areas of mining:
– operational mine development work
– all aspects of mineral planning
– mineral prospecting licences, options and leases
– claims relating to modification orders to mineral planning permissions
– the investigation and registration of complex mineral titles
– re-development and beneficial use of post mining land
– supply agreement for the sale of mineral products
– commercial contracts relating to mineral operations
It’s a wide range of expertise, for a wide range of industry-leading clients, including Imerys Minerals, Treliver Minerals, Wolf Minerals, Portland Stone Firms and Brookland Sand and Aggregates.
Know-how that’s worth millions
To be more precise, £128m. That’s the figure put on Wolf Mineral’s development of Drakelands mine near Plymouth, the world’s third largest Tungsten deposit and the UK’s first new metal mine in 45 years. Contact us for the full story, and find out just how deep our expertise goes.
Recent experience and activities:
– purchase of freehold minerals area, including investigation of an unregistered mineral title
– negotiation and drafting of long term aggregate supply agreements and plant leases
– advice on potential liabilities in relation to collapse of old mining workings
– advice on compensation claims relating to subsidence caused by coal mining
– advice on new planning permission for ball clay site securing reserves for over 10 more years