Service sectors we operate in:
Wheal Jane Laboratory
Wheal Jane Earth Science Park
Tel: +44 (0) 1872 560200
The Wheal Jane Laboratory offers a complete analytical service to mining, mineral processing and environmental clients worldwide using the latest analytical techniques and specialised methods developed in-house. Whilst investing continually in new technology, we also retain the traditional wet chemistry skills for application where appropriate.
The techniques we use include AAS, XRF and ICP alongside traditional wet chemistry gravimetric and titrimetric methods. Our instrumentation provides a broad range of capability and high accuracy, but speed of turnaround and a personal service are what set us apart from larger, process-orientated laboratories.
Wardell Armstrong International, a company based on site, use us for their projects around the world, with results being fed straight to their own mineral processing laboratories on site at Wheal Jane for use in their evaluation and recovery plant design. Wheal Jane Laboratory also undertakes ongoing analysis of water from the water treatment plant on site for operators Veolia and the Coal Authority.
For overseas clients, the worldwide courier network and the use of e-mail and the internet means samples can be shipped to Wheal Jane from anywhere in the world quickly and results of analysis returned instantly and to multiple locations if required.
We provide a wide range of laboratory capabilities, most notably:
- Full sample preparation facilities for drying soil samples, stream sediments, sludge, rock chip, cores and concentrates
- Extremely fast turnaround of samples, offering one, two or five day analysis
- A wide range of instrumentation techniques, including sulphur/carbon analysis, x-ray fluorescence, inductive coupled plasma, spectrophotometry and atomic absorption
- Traditional wet chemistry methods which complement our instrumentation techniques
- World-leading lithium analysis using instrumentation techniques and fusion and digestion methods developed in-house to deal with all lithium compounds
- A consultation service to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective analysis for clients
- Direct contact with clients to discuss all requirements prior to the commencement of work
We are a niche laboratory and pride ourselves on giving a fast, accurate and personal service to all clients with an emphasis on security and confidentiality.